Thursday 8 September 2011

Back with a Bang!

After a small hiatus I am pleased to be back on my blog and excited to be able to share new experiences and discoveries with all my readers. As a warm up, I’m going to post a variety of images from some test shoots with Paul Baichoo. Personally I love testing and think it is imperative practice for any makeup artist, to help one learn how concepts materialise and how different products react under studio light as opposed to natural light. 

Shoots always present challenges and testing builds my confidence so that on jobs I feel prepared and able to cope, improvise, innovate and make the look work. Testing is also imperative for learning how to work with different models, skin types, bone structures, hair types and tools. I personally never purchase a new brush or product and then immediately use it on a pro job. I will always wait until I have tested it so I am prepared for any potentially unexpected results. And of course possibly the most important skill I can hone through testing is speed. Improved technique always leads to more efficient, speedy application. I do not want to sacrifice quality because of time pressure, but so often on shoots there is less time than is desirable. Testing helps me minimise loss of quality through improved technique and inside-out knowledge of my kit.

All images © Paul Baichoo


Above makeup and styling inspired by the strength of Grace Jones
and the elegance of Serge Lutens perfume advertisements from the 1970s.
Karen definitely embodied the energy I was hoping to capture here.


The above image was inspired by Byzantine paintings of Mary with Baby Jesus.
Concept, headdress and makeup by Sarah Frasca.
Baby Jesus spraypainted gold by Paul Baichoo, causing much toxic damage to his person.
Styling: Massive group effort.
Art requires dedication and personal sacrifice people!


Working bridal hair and makeup with Jenny.

Things got a bit Linda Evangelista below:


A lovely edit by Paul:


Below one of my favourite tests with the amazing Katya:








Yes, Katya has a goat skull on her head. Hey, whatever works.

That's all for now folks x




1 comment:

  1. I like your blogs very much, I always do. And I am so excited to share this experience with your readers. I just recently tried Buy Best Women Perfume from Perfumora.com and it was out of this world but this one that you mentioned is next on my list.

    ReplyDelete